Prescribing for Pregnant and Nursing Mothers Course # 40076
Amiee Ho OD
COPE Course ID:
April 3, 2021
1.00 credits - $39.00
This course will give an overview of the physiological and pathological systemic and ocular changes that pregnant women can experience. Before prescribing for these potential conditions, it is important to discuss and understand the evolving pregnancy categories/labeling of medications. Finally, there will be a review of applicable optometric medications to avoid and safe to use for pregnant and lactating patients.
- To review pregnancy categories and labeling of medications
- To review how pregnancy can affect pre-existing conditions
- To review pathological ocular changes that can occur during pregnancy
- To review medications to prescribe and avoid during pregnancy
- To review physiological systemic and ocular changes that can occur during pregnancy
- To highlight some statistics on pregnancy/nursing mothers and medication use
STEPS TO TAKE COURSE:
You must be logged in to take the examination. To login click here
Upon completion and payment you will be issued a certificate.
Please send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.