Systemic Treatment of Dry Eye Course # 40059
Tracy Doll, OD, FAAO
COPE Course ID:
December 20, 2019
1.00 credits - $39.00
This course details treatment of ocular surface dryness with integration of oral therapeutics. Also discussed are contributing factors from systemic diseases and medications, and current medical laboratory testing.
- To recognize the impact of untreated and undiagnosed systemic disease in dry eye
- To identify the classes of systemic medication that cause ocular dryness
- To name the main side-effects of oral cholinergic agonists (Salagen, Evoxac) used in the treatment of Sjogren’s Disease
- To learn the correct dosages for oral treatments utilizing omega-3 fatty acids, doxycycline and azithromycin
- To know how omega-3 fatty acid supplementation works to reduce inflammation on the ocular surface
- To understand the multifactorial nature of ocular surface dryness, including evaporative, inflammatory and infective etiologies
- To be familiar with the main new proprietary markers for early Sjogren’s detection, with the Sjo Test
STEPS TO TAKE COURSE:
You must be logged in to take the examination. To login click here
Upon completion and payment you will be issued a certificate.
Please send any questions or comments to email@example.com.