Corticosteroids and Their Link to Central Serous Chorioretinopathy Course # 40045
Gleb Sukhovolskiy, OD, FAAO
COPE Course ID:
July 18, 2019
1.00 credits - $39.00
Overview of several cases of central serous chorioretinopathy associated with either exogenous corticosteroid use or an increase in endogenous corticosteroid levels, followed by analysis of pathophysiology and current treatment of condition.
- To recognize the association between corticosteroids and central serous chorioretinopathy
- To recognize the role of elevated plasma cortisol in CSCR
- To recognize the role of hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal axis and sympathetic nervous system in stress response
- To identify factors that aid corticosteroid absorption
- To discuss the role of choroid and RPE in the development of CSCR
STEPS TO TAKE COURSE:
You must be logged in to take the examination. To login click here
Upon completion and payment you will be issued a certificate.
Please send any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.